These carrot cake energy bites only have 6 ingredients, come together in about 15 minutes and are the perfect light mid-morning or afternoon snack. Great with coffee or tea! Vegan and Gluten-Free!
Carrot cake is one of those foods that is just so comforting and deliciously sweet with a combo of flavors that just go so well together. The hint of cinnamon, crunchy nuts and the sweetness of the carrots all baked into a moist, cakey treat slathered with cream cheese frosting . It’s so good!!!!!! You know it is!
The problem is that carrot cake is not really healthy. Although, it does have carrots and carrots are a vegetable so maybe in the realm of “cake” it is healthy-ish right? Even so, it’s not something you should eat regularly and should be saved for special occasions like running your first marathon or achieving gold status on a test. Thank goodness for healthy alternatives like these carrot cake energy bites!!! No need to wait for a celebration to enjoy one of these. These little cuties are packed with “good for you” ingredients like oats, dates, carrots, coconut and walnuts and they are full of carrot cake flavors all combined into this healthy little package. CAN YOU EVEN?????
Things to love about these Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Tiny little package
- Full of carrot cake flavors like carrots, cinnamon, nuts and coconut
- Nutritious – A healthier alternative to carrot cake with only 56 calories per serving
- Perfectly sweet, soft and crunchy all in one treat
- Two little bites
- No baking required!
Ingredients in these Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded Coconut
How to make these Energy Bites
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined.
Roll them into even size balls using an ice cream scoop and wet hands. Then roll them in some shredded, sweetened coconut. YUM!!!!! So EASY!!!!
Other “No Bake” recipes like this one
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced, pitted dates
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- Water if needed
- Add the oats to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to break them down a little.
- Add the sliced dates and pulse them with the oats a few times.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except reserve 1 cup of the shredded coconut and pulse until combined into a slightly crumbly mixture. If the mixture is too dry then add in a little water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small ice cream scoop and wet hands, roll the mixture into little even size balls. Roll each in the remaining shredded coconut and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite coffee or tea or just as a sweet healthy treat!
- These store perfectly in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can sub the honey with maple syrup for a fully vegan version.
Don't like coconut? Skip it! These are still very good without it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 15mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g