I saw these beauties sitting on my counter for a few days just waiting for me to turn them into a delicious meal or go to snack! I racked my brain for ideas until I came up with this recipe in the middle of the night. True story, I literally dreamed this up ha ha!
It was so easy and so delicious. I still cannot believe how good it was!
Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite things since it is an incredible ingredient that you can just transform into a dish like this one that is healthy and filling. Win and win.
First you need to cook the spaghetti squash. It’s very easy. Just preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Slice the squash in half, if it is touch hard to cut then just place it in the microwave for a minute to soften it up.
Then scoop out the seeds and drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper. Place face side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Until a knife can easily be inserted in the center.
While the squash was cooking, I steamed the broccoli and made my pesto. I did not have enough basil so I added some parsley as a substitute and it was incredible!
Once the squash was done cooking, I scraped the sides with a fork and added it to the broccoli.
Then I mixed in the pesto and combined all three.
I placed the filling back into the squash, topped each with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and lunch was done and just as glorious as I had imagined it would be!
- 2 medium size spaghetti squash
- 2 cups of steamed and chopped broccoli
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Slice the spaghetti squash and remove the seeds, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and place squash face side down on a baking sheet.
- Place the squash in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, check to see if it is done by inserting a knife in the center. If it goes in and comes out easily then it is done.
- Remove the squash from the oven and let cool until it is cool enough to handle.
- Place the basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, 1 tablespoon of parmesan, salt and pepper and olive oil into a food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Place the broccoli in a medium size bowl, using a fork pull the spaghetti squash away from the skin and add that filling to the broccoli.
- Add the pesto to the broccoli and squash mixture and combine. It's so good!
- Evenly distribute the broccoli pesto mixture between the squash boats, sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese and enjoy!