I don’t know about you but I love any type of food that comes in individualized little packages. I mean what is more fun than that? You know what else I love? These Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Stuffed Peppers filled with this incredibly flavorful filling. Hearty Black beans, quinoa, onions, peppers, corn and a tasty and spicy enchilada sauce, all topped with Mexican cojita cheese, Yum! These came out so good and I was shocked at how little time it took me to make! I know you will LOVE them too!
First I prepped my beautiful peppers. I just cut the tops off, cut them up for my filling and cleaned out the seeds and ribs from the inside.
Then it was onto my filling. I just added the diced peppers (from the tops I cut off) and onions to a cast iron pan with some salt and pepper, olive oil and spices and let it sauté for a few minutes.
Then I added in the corn, black beans, quinoa and enchilada sauce. Perfect combination!
Last but not least, I stuffed the peppers to the rim, topped them with delicious Mexican Cojita cheese and baked them until the cheese was nice and brown and melty. Yum!!!
- 6 medium to large bell peppers
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 1.5 cups of frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup store-bought enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cojita cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, dice them up and clean out the seeds and ribs from the inside. Place the peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium-high heat on the stove. Add the olive oil. Then add the onions and peppers, dash of salt and pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add in the spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the corn and stir, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the black beans, quinoa and enchilada sauce, stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the black bean and quinoa filling, I had just enough filling for 6 large peppers.
- Top with Mexican cojita cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the stuffed peppers in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Until the cheese is nice and brown and melty.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes and Enjoy!!!
These can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Vegan options: Skip the cheese or use dairy free mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350 Total Fat: 5.5g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 196mg Carbohydrates: 64.2g Fiber: 11.3g Sugar: 7.3g Protein: 15.9g