Crispy Easy Vegetarian Nachos covered with hearty black beans, roasted corn, fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and melty cheese all topped with a drizzle of tangy greek yogurt and cilantro. Perfect game day sheet pan nachos recipe. Ready in 15 minutes!
It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday and everyone will be wanting nachos, nachos and more nachos! If you are hosting a SUPER-BOWL party then you need this recipe! These Easy Vegetarian Nachos took literally minutes to make and are so good and pretty too. My kids could not keep their hands off of them. I had no idea they would like a recipe like this but you know kids, if they see everyone oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over something then they have to have it lol!
Requirements for PERFECT NACHOS!
- Crispy tortilla chips – A MUST!
- Melty cheese
- Fresh veggies
- Hearty protein like black beans
- Greek yogurt or sour cream topping
These nachos are crunchy, packed full of meat-less delicious ingredients like hearty black beans, roasted corn, bell peppers, onion, melty cheese and a nice drizzle of greek yogurt for that extra zing. I was surprised how crispy they stayed without getting soggy. Nobody likes a soggy chip right? Especailly me.
One of the things I adore about these Easy Vegetarian Nachos is the fact that they are actually healthy-ish nachos. They are packed with plant based protein from the black beans, topped with lots of veggies like bell peppers, red onion, corn and scallions, not to mention the calcium from the cheese and greek yogurt. So have all you want! No guilt at all!
Now, I am not really a football fan but I do watch the Super Bowl as many do and I will be making these for the big game among some of my other favorite game-day worthy recipes.
Other favorite vegetarian gameday recipes
How to make easy vegetarian nachos
Start by toasting the chips in the oven. A very important step to ensuring the chips do not get soggy. Then top them with canned black beans, store-bought roasted corn and Mexican shredded cheese. Pop that all back into the oven to get nice and melty and beautiful. It’s so good!
Remove the chips from the oven and top them with chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, scallions, cilantro and a nice drizzle of plain greek yogurt. My kind of food! Done in like 15 minutes. Perfect for game day!
- 16 oz bag of store-bought yellow corn tortilla chips
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted corn
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay the tortilla chips on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the oven, top with the black beans, corn and shredded cheese.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with the tomatoes, peppers, onions and scallions.
- Drizzle the greek yogurt over the top of the nachos and sprinkle them with the cilantro. I used a spoon to do this.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
- For the roasted corn, I bought frozen southwestern spiced roasted corn from the store but you can just buy regular frozen corn and toast it in a pan with taco seasoning or even parts of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin.
- For the chips you want a sturdy yellow corn tortilla chip since they hold up well and get super crispy in the oven.
- I made these in the afternoon, let them cool, covered them with foil and placed them in the fridge until my family got home a few hours later. To reheat, I just baked them in the oven at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes and they were just as crispy and delicious!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 341mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 3g Protein: 12g