This crazy delicious Vegan Macaroni Salad is loaded with crunchy veggies and it is so simple and easy to make. It is mixed with an amazing creamy dressing that makes this pasta salad perfect for potlucks, picnics or a great addition to your meal prep. Plus, it is gluten free!
For the macaroni salad
- 4 cups cooked pasta – I used gluten free brown rice pasta
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 stalks of celery (diced)
- 2 large carrots, diced or shredded
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles (diced)
- 1/4 cup scallions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons capers – drained
For the dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add the cooked macaroni to a large mixing bowl. Add all of the veggies to the macaroni and toss.
- Add vegan mayo, vinegar, dijon mustard, parsely, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine into a creamy, smooth dressing.
- Pour the dressing onto the macaroni salad and toss well to coat all of the pasta and veggies in the dressing. Top with fresh chives and parsley, if desired.
- This can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days!
- This is also a great recipe to take to pot-lucks, picnics, barbecue’s or just on the go!
- Veggie variations: Sub any of the veggies in the recipe for other veggies you may have on hand like: cherry tomatoes, cucumber, corn, peas or even asparagus.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Assembly
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegan macaroni salad, vegan pasta salad, macaroni salad, macaroni salad recipe, pasta salad