I LOVE a good Hearty Salad that I can enjoy all week-long that combines fall produce that is in season which means it’s less expensive and the most delicious! This recipe includes baby kale, fennel (my new obsession), apples (shocker) and pomegranates. I topped it with heart healthy walnuts and the most incredible mustard vinaigrette that you have to make like all the time it’s so creamy and flavorful!
I know, doesn’t that jus look so scrumptious even for a salad? Well it was and my husband and I ate the ENTIRE salad for dinner that night along with some leftovers I had from all of my recipe testing.
I will certainly be making this for the holidays! It looked great piled on a big platter with the dressing sitting on the side in a cute little mason jar. I cannot wait to share my Thanksgiving spread photos with you all!
I have made it twice this week already and my husband (who just ran the Charlotte Marathon this morning) requested it again, so there you go. All signs that it is a winner, winner, salad dinner!
- 1 package of fresh Baby Kale (about 6 loosely packed cups)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 Granny Smith green apple
- 2 cups of fresh Fennel sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt + more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper + more if needed
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Chop all ingredients and place them on a large platter or in a large salad bowl.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until fully emulsified! Amazing!
- I make a double batch of the dressing so I have it on hand all week. Just double up the ingredients but blend each batch separately to ensure you get that fully emulsified creamy texture.