You have to try this Amazing Spaghetti Pie! My kids and my Nieces and Nephew went crazy for this and it was super fun to make!
Oh beautiful pasta, how I adore you and my kids sure adore you as well since all they want to eat these days is pasta, pasta, pasta. OMG! I am so sick of the same old thing and feeling like the worst mom ever that my kids are not eating more of a variety of foods, but I am picking my battles these days. So here is my new trick, I am tricking out the plain old pasta dinner and subbing in this delicious and surprising Spaghetti Pie! My kids devoured it and that made me one HAPPY MAMA!
It was pretty easy to pull together, which is pretty vital for a busy working mom of two or any mom for that matter.
Who’s ready for some Spaghetti MAGIC!
First the SPAGHETTI! Who doesn’t love spaghetti? Pretty easy, just cook it a few minutes less than the package says since you want it nice and al dente.
Then onto the sauce.
I just sautéed some onions and garlic in a pan and added crushed tomatoes and a few key spices and let it simmer for about 20 minutes on the stove. YUM!!!
Then I married some eggs, cheese, lot’s of cheese and some salt and pepper to help bind my spaghetti.
I covered my springform pan with foil on the outside to hold in the heat so the edges would get nice and crispy.
Then I married the spaghetti mixture with the sauce and baked it to perfection. OMG! It really is an AMAZING SPAGHETTI PIE!
I mean, look at that thing. Don’t you just want to devour it? Well, my kids certainly did, so I’ll take it!
- 8 cups of cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- butter for greasing the pan
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28oz can fire roasted, crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees
- Butter a 9 1/2inch springform pan and lightly wrap the outside in foil, crimping the edges to seal it.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add in the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add in the fire roasted, crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil and then simmer. About 15 minutes.
- Add in the oregano and cook for 1 more minute. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the milk, add in the salt and pepper.
- Add the cheddar cheese, fontina cheese and one cup of the parmesan cheese to the egg and milk mixture and toss to combine.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in large mixing bowl and add in the egg and cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Add in the tomato sauce mixture and combine, making are to coat all of the spaghetti.
- Fill the springform pan with the spaghetti mixture, pressing it tightly into the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil, top with the remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and cook for another 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, cut into slices and serve.