I love these Amazing Baked Potato Chips! I mean, who doesn’t love chips, but we all know that the packaged, processed versions we buy in the grocery store are not good for us and have little to no nutritional value. They are also laden with a lot of fat, cholesterol and salt. Things we definitely do not want in our bodies. That is why I have fallen in love with baked potato chips. I always order the homemade versions when we go out to dinner. In my opinion, any restaurant that makes their own chips is at the top of my list!
That is why I have crafted this amazing baked potato chip recipe that you can make yourself and eat all the time without any guilt! What is better than that? Bonus, they are very easy to make and only contain one main ingredient, POTATOES.
Look how crispy they are!
I have used both white and sweet potatoes for this recipe and they both work. When it comes to the white POTATOES I tried both Yukon gold and russet but the Yukon gold potatoes were the winner for me.
I used my mandolin to slice them nice and thin (it literally took only a few minutes) and then I just dried them on a paper towel before I placed them on a baking sheet.
Bake them to perfect CRISPINESS!
I make these all the time and my kids and my nieces and nephew go crazy for them. They even compared them to other store-bought chips and rated mine at the top! I will take it! Kids are the toughest critics. At least the ones in my life are. Which makes me work even harder at perfecting my recipes so it’s a good thing.
Look at those crispy edges. These were perfect and nice and light. Absolutely “no guilt” eating these.
You can even pair them with a dip for parties or late night snacking. Yum!!!
- 5 medium size Yukon gold or russet potatoes, cleaned
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice your potatoes into chips and dry them between two paper towels or clean kitchen towels.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the chips on the pan in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from oven and place on parchment paper, let cool a few minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g