An amazing Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad to use all of that great fall produce. With kale, apples, pears, pomegranate seeds and bow-tie pasta. All mixed into an amazing healthy salad and topped with crunchy pecans and orange vinaigrette dressing. A healthy, delicious, and simple salad fit for a crowd.
It’s probably apparent that I love vegetables with kale being one of my top fav’s. I also love fall, running in the crisp cold air, and the presence of the holidays that are right around the corner. All things that make this Easy Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad perfect for this time of year and one of my best yet!
Fluffy pasta, tart crisp apples, and pears nestled in a bed of dark leafy kale and Brussel sprouts and topped with nuts and feta cheese. Dressed all up with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and honey.
Match this Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad with this Pesto Quinoa With Roasted Vegetables, and you have two very healthy and delicious side dishes that you can serve with any meal.
What is in this autumn crunch pasta salad?
- Sturdy, dark green kale
- Brussel sprouts
- Sweet sliced apples and pears
- Fluffy bow-tie pasta
- Creamy feta cheese
- Crunchy sunflower seeds and pecans
- Tart dried cranberries
All generously dressed with a nice glug of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and a drizzle of honey. A bright taste of fall all in one beautiful salad.
I love this salad so much! I think I could actually eat it every
What to expect from this incredible
- Hearty, satisfying and so good for you!
- Easy assembly and dressing
- A burst of fall produce that is in season and packed with flavor
- Tart, sweet, crunchy, and tangy all at once.
- A fantastic statement salad – Perfect for meal prepping or entertaining
How to make this amazing Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad
Start with cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. If you prefer more al dente pasta, then cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less time than the package instructions. After you cook the pasta, drain the pasta, then let it cool completely.
Expert tip: If making the pasta ahead, drizzle it with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt to prevent it from sticking as it cools.
Us any kind of small pasta you have on hand like elbows, rotini, or even shells.
While the pasta is cooking prepare the dressing and the rest of the ingredients.
For the dressing, I kept it simple and just combined some excellent quality olive oil, vinegar (you can use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar), fresh lemon juice (you could also use the juice from one large orange), a sweet drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
To prep the rest of the ingredients for this autumn crunch pasta salad, I thinly sliced the apples, pears, and Brussel sprouts, and then rinsed, chopped, and massaged the kale.
Expert Tip: To massage the kale, just slice it or chop it up, place it into a large bowl along with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and massage it with your fingers for 1-2 minutes to break it down and make it softer.
Build the salad – Layer the chopped dark kale in a salad bowl or platter, top with sliced Brussel sprouts. Nestle in the sliced apples and pears, add in the cooked pasta and toss. Then sprinkle on the sunflower seeds, chopped pecans, crumbled feta cheese, dried cranberries, and pomegranate seeds.
Dress and Serve – Dress the salad with a generous glug of good olive oil, red wine vinegar, a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve cold and enjoy!
Almost too beautiful to eat! Almost, haha!
Did you make this recipe? If so, then please leave a comment and rating below!
If you are looking for more Mediterranean inspired recipes, then you will love this Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice With Chickpeas.
Here are some other incredible healthy salad recipes you may also enjoyPrint
An amazing Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad to use all of that great fall produce. With kale, apples, pears, and pomegranate seeds. All mixed into an incredible healthy salad and topped with crunchy pecans and an orange vinaigrette dressing. A healthy, delicious, and simple salad fit for a crowd.
- 2 Bunches of dark leafy kale (about 6 cups chopped)
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts (thinly sliced)
- 1 Large apple sliced (or 2 small apples – sliced)
- 1 Large pear sliced (or 2 small pears – sliced)
- 1/4 cup Chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries (or pomegranate seeds)
- 1/4 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon or small orange (about 2 tablespoons of each (juice and zest))
- 2 tbsp Honey (for drizzling )
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Layer the kale, Brussel sprouts, cooked pasta, apple, and pear in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle in the chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle the whole salad with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, the zest and juice of 1 lemon or orange, and a nice drizzle of honey. Season with salt and pepper and lightly toss.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- This salad is perfect for meal prep and will last in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Add any proteins you like to make this a complete meal. I love to add some crispy tofu or roasted chickpeas.
- Category: Healthy Salads
- Method: Assembly
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: kale salad, pasta salad, healthy pasta salad, apples, pears