- Prepare the potatoes – Scrub and dry the potatoes well so they are nice and clean. Then cut the potatoes into planks and cut the planks into fry shapes that are about 1/4 inch thick. Place the raw, cut fries into a large bowl and cover them with warm water. Let them sit in the water for 25-30 minutes. Then drain them from the water and rinse them really well. Place the potatoes onto a clean kitchen towel and dry them. Wipe out the bowl you soaked the potatoes in and add the potatoes back to the same bowl.
- Season the potatoes – Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season them really well with some salt and pepper then toss to coat them all.
- Cook the potatoes – Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F and spray the basket with olive oil spray. Working in batches, add half of the potatoes to the air fryer basket in an even layer. It is okay if a few are overlapping. Close and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes, flipping them in the basket halfway through the cooking time. After 10 minutes, spray the fries with more olive oil spray and flip them in the basket again. Then cook them for 10 more minutes until they are perfectly golden and crispy.
- Serve – Serve the potatoes nice and hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Cut the potatoes into even size fries so they all cook at the same time.
- Do not skip the steps of soaking and drying the potatoes since this ensures they get nice and crispy and golden when you air fry them.
- To store these cooked fries, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- You can reheat these fries in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Healthy Snacks and Appetizers
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer fries, air fryer French fries, homemade French fries, French fries